HOW TO HELP HURRICANE IRMA VICTIMS
Hurricane Irma – the strongest Atlantic Ocean hurricane ever recorded – has killed 14 people and left thousands more with nothing as it rips its way across the Caribbean towards Florida.
The damage from this storm is unbelievable; it is truly devastating. The victims need as much help as they can get.
Here are some of the charities working to help those devastated by the deadly storm and information about how you can help.
- American Red Cross: Volunteers Needed in PR, FL, GA, NC, SC & VA
- Antigua and Barbuda Red Cross: providing support to victims on those islands and to keep people safe in this time of need
- British Red Cross: Donations needed to help families who have lost EVERYTHING
- ConPRmetidos: local Puerto Rican nonprofit, is providing relief to communities impacted by the hurricane
- Food for the poor: rushing aid to seven vulnerable areas in northern Haiti to help them recover
- FUNDLY: Raising money for relief and recovery efforts
- Global Giving: Hoping to raise $5 million exclusively for emergency disaster relief and long-term recovery efforts
- One American Appeal: Former U.S. Presidents Jimmy Carter, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, and Barack Obama are uniting to promote this charitable fund that will aid the victims of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma
- OXFAM: Has people on the ground to provide relief in the Dominican Republic and Haiti
- Save the Children: Will provide relief efforts for families and children impacted by the storm. Their emergency teams are working with the armed forces to evacuate civilians from across 17 provinces
- Salvation Army: They will remain in communities impacted by this terrible storm, supporting long-term disaster recovery efforts and providing ongoing assistance to those in need
- SPCA International: Provides support to shelters and rescue groups working with animals affected by natural disasters.
- UNICEF: Providing emergency relief and will help children affected by the hurricane resume their education in the coming months. (including victims from Hurricane Harvey as well)
Sending my thoughts and prayers to all my friends and family in Florida, as well as all of those affected by Hurricane Irma. Stay safe. xx